Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Visual Schedules - Choiceworks app



Let me just start with this- visual schedules are AWESOME! They ease transitions, increase productivity, and increase a child’s feelings of security. But…visual schedules require countless hours to make, and the more time they take to make, the less likely I am to use one.  I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels this way, right? Well.. I’ve got good news.


I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!  It's an app! It's called ...



I've been using Choiceworks for over a year now and it is pure awesomeness. This app allows me to set up visual schedules for my kids in under 2 minutes from start to finish!  Because this system is so quick and easy to set up, it’s enabled me to use it on a consistent basis, and many of us already realize that kids rely on consistency.  The ease of set up is the most important aspect, but I’m going to break down some features that makes this app pure gold

1. It saves money (bye- bye, laminated pages and printer ink)
2. It comes with a library of picture symbols BUT you can add your own pictures the exact moment you need them. (No prep time required, no thinking ahead of what you MIGHT need to use)
3. It has built in timers for each activity that you may choose to use. Only want to offer a reward for 30 seconds? 1 minute? Let the app control be in control – a kid can’t really negotiate with an app ;) )
4. You can create and save schedules for multiple users (no need to re-create the wheel with each use)
5. IT WORKS


I've used this app in homes, private practice, and schools…with individuals and in groups. It’s versatile unbelievably versatile.

Choiceworks has done wonders for my therapy sessions and parents have raved about the success they’ve had using it at home. I’ve noticed an increase in my client’s ability to focus during activities that may not be so fun…and increased focus means that we are going to complete the activity faster which gives us more time to get to the good stuff. Choiceworks is a WIN! 


Kayla Fontenot, M.S. CCC-SLP


No comments:

Post a Comment